Monday, March 15, 2010

Composting Shoe Update

So, I dug out the shoes from a long cold winter in the middle of the compost pile. It might have been warmer in there then in my house all winter. I was actually quite suprised by the progress of decomposition even though it has been an extra cold winter. Below are some pictures I took before I threw back in. This is pretty close to a one year update.


The shoes, both, were really flimsy, so they are starting to loose a bit of structure.


The gum soles of one shoe was cracking and splitting.

This actually the gum sole of the other shoe. You can see the light brown, which tells me the gum is pretty much gone on this shoe. Last post showed the gum sole of one shoe cracking like the picture above, but I am not sure if this is that shoe or not.


You can not tell from the pictures, but they are real flimsy at this point, so I am thinking this summer they should decompose a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment